Thank you for visiting our campaign website. I’m Ron DeSantis, and I’m running for Congress because we must promote economic growth, elect leaders that are faithful to the principles on which our nation was founded, and make members of Congress play by the same rules as the rest of us. To foster economic growth, we have to liberate the American people from burdens placed upon them by bureaucracy and red tape and we must reject the type of fixed-pie, class-based economic thinking to which Barack Obama is beholden. America is not supposed to be a static society in which individuals are stuck in place; we have a right to rise as far as our talents and initiative will take us. As Abraham Lincoln said, America provides “an open field and a fair chance for your industry, enterprise and intelligence.”
I’m not running for Congress to enjoy the perks of the office. I’m a fellow citizen and a veteran but I am not a politician. I am not running to obtain a title; I am running to preserve and advance our nation’s founding principles.
If I’m elected to Congress, I will take on leaders of both parties, fight the prevailing culture of Washington and work to restore limited government principles by, among other things:
- Repealing Obamacare to protect Medicare, reduce spending and lift burdens on small business
- Supporting term limits for members of Congress
- Ending pensions and special perks for members of Congress
- Capping pay and benefits of Washington DC bureaucrats at private sector equivalent
- Balancing the budget by reducing spending, devolving power to the states, and eliminating bureaucracies
- Ending “too big to fail” and bank bailouts by repealing Dodd-Frank
- Rebuilding our military and defending American sovereignty
These are the types of conservative reforms that we need in Washington. I am a conservative reformer in the Reagan tradition and I know that we must be bold. We need a new birth of constitutionalism if we are going to preserve what makes America exceptional. If you agree that our nation needs a major course correction then please vote for me in the November 6th general election.
I hope you find my website informative. Let’s work together to reverse the damage that has been done and to nobly save the last best hope of earth.
Faithful and Strong,